Merry Christmas 2013 from the Nordberg Family
This picture was taken this Fall at the Schrader farm
Lucas is 14, Caroline is now 16
Anna is 10 and Andrew is 12
We had a wonderful vacation in July to Tennessee where we attended the Answers in Genesis Family Conference. We also were able to tour the Creation Museum in Kentucky.
These were taken before we went for a hike up the Smokey Mountains. It was very late in the day and the waterfall was very far away. Let's just say, I really thought we were going to be eaten by a bear at dusk.
In April, Caroline, Andrew & Anna were in the CYT production of Charlotte's Web. We love Christian Youth Theater and all four kids have participated in shows, camp, classes and as Teen helpers. This fall Anna was in Willy Wonka, Caroline was in High School Musical and Lucas assisted with the 5-7 year olds. I am the Area Coordinator for the West side. As always, we have terrific support from all of the grandparents who attend the shows!
Lucas played for the Wichita Defenders last year and now both boys are playing for the homeschool basketball team. We attended the Homeschool Basketball Nationals in March where teams come from all over the country to compete in Springfield, MO. Eric is also helping to coach this year. We are thankful for the opportunity to compete in sports and be on a team with some great kids.
I just love this picture so I had to include it. Caroline and Lucas attended this formal last May. Some of the CYT parents put it on for all the kids to enjoy.
Here is what Andrew was doing all fall. This was his last year of playing football on Maize Jr. Red. In four years they lost 2 games and went undefeated the last two years. He is #21 and he loves to tackle.
We have gone to pick out a real Christmas tree at the Tree farm for the last three years and it is becoming one of my favorite traditions. My kids especially love when I quote Christmas vacation to them the entire time we are there :)
Caroline has been taking sewing lessons from Grandma Valerie and made this bag as her first project. Both girls love to go to Grandma's to make cards also. Glad she is crafty since I have two crafty girls and I am not crafty at all!
These are just a few of the things that have kept us busy in 2013. One of my goals for 2014 is to keep up with the blog. So if you are interested feel free to subscribe. Even though many of you are far away or even close, I know we do not get to see you very often. But know that we think of you and love each and every one of you. May 2014 be a blessed year full of God's glory and grace.
The Nordbergs











No comments:
Post a Comment