Monday, January 3, 2011

The best Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year.  It was very busy leading up to our vacation but when it came time to vacation-we did!  First I had the joy of watching two of my nieces play basketball for the first time and celebrating one of their birthdays.  Then we headed off to Great Wolf Lodge with my brother and his family and we had a blast.  My sister-in-law, Amanda & I overcame our fears and did all the slides numerous times.  It was such a joyful time.  The bad weather that was forecasted didn't come in and we had a safe drive back to my parents to celebrate Christmas day.  Most of the time was spent being lazy and eating at my mom and dads-but what a great way to spend our holiday.  It was just like everything that could be great was great and our family really needed that.  We came back home and spent the week after Christmas celebrating with Eric's family, hanging out with friends and having a kickin New Years Eve party at our house.  New Years Day we had Christmas with the Nordbergs and had another lovely day.  Now it is back to reality.  The kids go back to school tomorrow, Eric starts back up for his last six weeks of school and I go back to being the underpaid taxi driver.  I am so thankful for this holiday and for God's grace and goodness to us all.  I just wanted to thank Him publicly for blessing us this season.  January is going to be a pretty crazy month but God is still in it and He is guiding us.  I'm not big on resolutions but I do enjoy the chance to reevaluate and see what is working in our lives and what needs to be tweaked or changed.  I plan to spend some time this week doing just that.  Please pray that I will be open to hear God's voice and to then follow what His voice says.  I pray the same for all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment